Sanskrit Name: Trikonasana
English Name: Triangle Pose
Trikonasana or Triangle pose is known to stretch the muscles and improve regular bodily functions. Unlike most other yoga asanas, you are required to keep your eyes open while you practice Trikonasana to maintain balance.
Trikonasana works for acid reflux as it helps in strengthening the liver. A healthy liver helps in maintaining the right pH balance in the body.
Here Are The Steps For Trikonasana Posture Technique
- Step 1: Stand upright and place your feet four feet apart.
- Step 2: Turn your right foot out to the right side. Inhale and raise your hands sideways, at a 90-degree angle.
- Step 3: As you exhale, bend your body to the right from below your hips, ensuring your waist is straight. Lift your left hand up and let your right hand touch the ground or place a yoga block near your foot to support your hand. Your right leg must be straight.
- Step 4: Stretch to the fullest, and focus on stabilizing your body. Take deep, long breaths. With every exhalation, try and relax your body more.
- Step 5: Inhale and come up. Drop your arms to your side and straighten your feet.
- Step 6: Repeat the same procedure on the left side.
Other Benefits Of Trikonasana, The Triangle Pose
- Strengthens the knees, ankles, legs, chest, and arms.
- Increases both physical and mental stability.
- Improves digestion and stimulates all abdominal organs.
- Reduces back pain and sciatica.
- Reduces stress and cures anxiety.
It is best to avoid this asana if you are suffering from low blood pressure, diarrhea, or headaches.