Suffering from menopausal symptoms? What if you knew that a single herb, Shatavari, could take care of all your menopausal symptoms. Shatavari is a wild variety of asparagus. It has been used in Ayurveda for centuries as a female reproductive tonic.
Shatavari can be a natural alternative to HRT or Hormone Replacement Therapy. Because it contains ‘phytoestrogens,’ which are similar in function and structure to ovarian or placental estrogen. Shatavari acts as a hormone modulator and does all the work of HRT with little to no side effects involved.
Benefits of Shatavari For Menopause:
- It acts as an antioxidant and balances the vaginal pH levels.
- It relaxes the central nervous system and decreases hot flashes and night sweats.
- It reduces vaginal dryness.
- It reduces stress levels and enhances the immune system to function more efficiently.
- It increases strength and energy.
- It alleviates body tissue depletion that takes place during menopause.
- It nourishes the female reproductive organs. This way it compensates for the depleting sex hormones during menopause. As a result, the recipients can continue to have a healthy sex life.
Ways To Take Shatavari For Menopause:
In Tea Form
Steep it in hot water and have it like a tea. You can also mix honey if you want the drink to be a little sweet. You can also mix it with a glass of warm milk for ease of digestion. Shatavari is also available as a liquid extract.
In Tablet or Capsule Form
You can take the herb as a supplement. It is advisable to take two tablets each day after meals. Or you can take it as prescribed by a herbalist or a medical professional.
In Powder or Granule Forms
You can add the herb to smoothies or yogurt when in powder or granule forms. You can also take it with a glass of warm water.
Although there are no known side effects of Shatavari yet, it is always better to consult with an expert before taking it.