Clomid (clomiphene citrate or Serophene) is an oral medication that is commonly used for the treatment of infertility. Clomid is given to try to induce ovulation in women that do not develop and release an egg (ovulate) on their own. Women who do not ovulate naturally are said to have a condition called anovulation. While the most common cause of anovulation is PCOS, it certainly isn’t the only one.
Clomid is prescribed for several other conditions like:
- Too low body weight
- Extreme exercise
- Hyperprolactinemia (excess levels of the hormone prolactin that induces milking in women)
- Premature ovarian failure
- Perimenopause, or low ovarian reserves
- Thyroid dysfunction (hyperthyroidism)
- Extremely high levels of stress
However, clomid treatment comes with its own baggage of side effects, the worse being mood swings and psychological distress.
Would you like to get back to a PCOD-free life?
Registrations for the next batch in full swingThis program is available only in India, for now Know More