You already know why you’re feeling that heartburn, right? You, probably, also know the unpleasant side effects of long-term antacids and prescription drugs for heartburn, like PPIs (proton-pump inhibitors).
What Can You Do To Limit Your Usage?
You are what you eat. But more importantly, you are what you digest and absorb. What a shame it would be to take out the time and make the effort to put the best of foods in your body if your system is unable to break them down and utilize their nutrients! Digestion is at the very core of good health. So, correcting the digestive imbalance indicated by acidity is crucial to keeping your system in tip-top shape. Here are some acid reflux remedies that work well:
- First up, you need something that can give you immediate relief from heartburn. Chewing tablets containing marine alginate and bicarbonate, known as raft-forming alginates, can produce instant ‘cooling’ of the heartburn without the nutrient depletion that conventional PPIs cause.
- For many of us, the acidity that burns our throat is an indication of poor acidity in our stomach. Acid has no reason to be in the throat, whereas it has every reason to be in the stomach. This problem gets worse with aging, since we gradually lose the ability to produce good quality stomach acid. Improving stomach acid levels and quality can help us fix this. Betaine HCL plus pepsin supplements do just that. But, if you are on painkillers or NSAIDs, be sure to involve your doctor in the decision to take HCL plus pepsin.
If You Have Other Challenges, Try These Options
- For some, overgrowth of the stomach bacteria H. pylori may be the most important thing to tackle in the battle against hyperacidity. Mastic gum may be the answer for that.
- For anyone with cracks in their stomach lining, zinc carnosine can provide much needed relief. In several studies, it has been shown to help heal cracks in the gastric lining (called ulcers).
- For others who struggle with disturbed sleep patterns along with acidity, melatonin may do the trick.
Remember, hyperacidity could be caused by an imbalance anywhere along the digestive tract, from your mouth all the way to your anus. So, it may be a good idea to try different natural supplements to see what suits you best.
Don’t lose heart. Try these natural remedies to lose the heartburn instead!